Friday, January 20, 2012

My Man...A Lover and a Friend


         I am a woman, and just like every other regular woman, I long for a man; I long to be loved, held and cared for. A man who will always be there for me as I will always be there for him; a man who does not agree easily to all my opinions but takes stand and defends what he believes in but still keeps an open mind.
          A man who does not surrender to my every whims and wishes but pampers me enough to make me feel special. A man who is capable of understanding my complexity – or at least try to understand it – but also gives me a chance to understand him back.
          A man who gives me room to grow by not forbidding me to meet new friends and permits me to get close to other people but gets jealous enough to not make me leave his side; a man who understands that what we both have is something special and that no other person can ever mimic or even come close to that special something between us.
          A man who is different from me to “spice things up” but is the same with me in some aspects so that we may have a common ground. A man who talks to me about his ideas and problems but also knows how to listen when I in return need to be listened to.
          Above all, a man who loves me for my ability to think maturely and act calm but loves me even more for through my weirdness and eccentricities; not to be afraid when he witnesses the demons in my soul, not flinch when introduced to the voices in my head and not give up on me when he discovers the skeletons in my closet.
          I know very well that these may be too much to ask. I guess what I really want, and more importantly what I need, in simplest terms is to be accepted for who I am and be loved for who I am not.
          That is my man, a wonderful concoction of a lover and a friend. So, have I found him yet? I think that depends on how you see it. I’m not saying that I have and not telling that I haven’t. I, for all my notions of love and of fairytales am entitled to keep a little secret and nurse a little mystery.♥☺♥

No comments:

Post a Comment