Sunday, July 6, 2014

Dear Person-Who-Might-Want-to-Listen,

I believe in love. I believe in all the cheesy-ness and corny-ness that comes with it. I am fairly level-headed, practical and even overly analytic and realistic to a fault. I over think and I never take things at face value. I strive to arrive and exhaust all logical explanation possible. But all truths be dammed, I believe in love.

However, I also believe that it isn't made for everyone to experience. A lucky few get to have that great love story whose tale will be passed down from generation to generation. One where a man and a woman seamlessly blend in together – a grand love of excitement and tribulations that end in a happy ending. Many others will experience the more simplistic kind and that’s just as great.

But life is not a fairy tale nor is it a play. Love is not made for everyone.

I recently came across a short article posted by Ashlin Horne. The title read, “You’re Not a ‘Plan B’ Kind of Girl”. 

“Good girls don’t have to finish last” she said.
“He’ll fight and use labels or poems or the Goodyear blimp to show you that you’re just the right fit for that open place in his heart. That no other piece will do.” She said.


And while all those things are true, there are times when one simply can’t help but wonder whether those hand-written notes will ever come. 

So yes, I do. I really do believe in love. I just hope it believes in me too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment