Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Waiting Game


Waiting.
How much do we spend waiting in our lifetime?
Waiting in line. Waiting to be called. Waiting for your turn.

The waiting game is a deceivingly simple yet tedious, intricate process. In fact, simple enough that everyone is qualified – no exemptions despite what you might think.

The real test lies in your ability to be patient and endure. The game is to not think of the game. Care about it and you get frustrated. Get frustrated at it and you lose. There are a few things of greater heartache than getting frustrated waiting for your turn, wondering whether it will ever come.

The secret? I don’t think I’m in any position to dole out any words of wisdom. No siree! If I may though, take it easy. Enjoy the moment, keep yourself occupied and take it one step at a time. Before you know it, you’re already there. And you’ll realize that the real magic was in the “getting there”.

J


Note: Written while I was waiting for my turn to get my Social Security Number. A child’s innocence radiating with smiles freely given certainly made my kind of waiting bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment